False eyelashes have been around for centuries, but they didn’t become popular in Canada until the 1920s. Back then, women would use false eyelashes to make their eyes look bigger and more alluring. The trend died out during World War II, but it came back with a vengeance in the 1950s. Since then, false eyelashes have become a staple in Canadian beauty culture. In this blog post, we will take a closer look at the history of false eyelashes in Canada!
The history of false eyelashes in Canada
The history of false eyelashes in Canada is a fascinating one. False eyelashes were first introduced in Canada in the early 1900s by a woman named Anna Taylor. Taylor was a beauty pioneer and is credited with popularizing the use of false eyelashes among Canadian women. False eyelashes became extremely popular in the 1920s, during the flapper era. Women began to experiment with different looks and styles, and false eyelashes became a popular way to create a more dramatic look.
During the 1940s and 1950s, false eyelashes fell out of fashion. They were seen as too glamorous and flashy for the more conservative postwar era. It wasn’t until the 1960s that false eyelashes made their way back into the spotlight. In the 1960s, false eyelashes became a symbol of rebellion and sexuality. Women were using false eyelashes to create a more dramatic and seductive look.
Today, false eyelashes are more popular than ever. They come in a variety of styles and colors and can be found at most drugstores and beauty stores. Whether you’re looking for a natural look or something more dramatic, there’s a false eyelash style to suit your needs. So go ahead and give false eyelashes a try – you might just find yourself hooked!
Who knows, maybe someday we’ll all be wearing false eyelashes. After all, they’re a fun and easy way to enhance your appearance. And who doesn’t love a little bit of history?
How to apply false eyelashes for a natural look?
False eyelashes can be a great way to enhance your look, but it can be tricky to apply them for a natural look. Here are a few tips:
- Start by trimming the lashes to fit the size of your eyes.
- Apply a thin layer of adhesive to the lash band, being careful not to use too much.
- Wait 30 seconds for the adhesive to become tacky before applying.
- Gently press the lash band against your lash line, starting from the inner corner of your eye.
- Hold for a few seconds to allow the adhesive to set.
- Apply mascara to blend your natural lashes with the false ones.
Different types of false eyelashes and when to use them?
Different types of false eyelashes are available on the market, and each has its own purpose. Here is a breakdown of the most popular types:
- Strip lashes: These are the most common type of false eyelashes. They are made of synthetic hair that is attached to a strip of adhesive. Strip lashes can be worn for up to two weeks with proper care.
- Individual lashes: These are single lashes that are applied one by one to the natural lash line. Individual lashes can last up to three weeks.
- Magnetic lashes: These are a newer type of false eyelash that uses magnets instead of adhesive to attach to the lash line. They are easy to apply and can be worn for up to two weeks.
When should you wear False Eyelashes them?
- Special occasions: False eyelashes are a great way to enhance your look for special occasions such as weddings, parties, or prom.
- Every day: If you want to add a little bit of glam to your everyday look, false eyelashes are a great option.
- Photos: False eyelashes can help you achieve the perfect look for photos.
No matter when or why you decide to wear false eyelashes, there is a type that is perfect for you. With so many options available, there is no excuse not to try them!
Have you ever worn false eyelashes? What was your experience like? Let us know in the comments below!