Microsoft Exchange is an email client that supports EDB (Exchange Database) format to store all the mailbox data. There are various reasons for which users want to convert EDB to PST file format as backing up the data, reducing the mailbox size, etc. On the other side, PST (Personal Storage Table) is the file format that is supported by Microsoft Outlook to save the database. Users got attracted to the advanced features of Outlook. Initially, it was a challenging task to export EDB to PST file format. But now some advanced methods are available for the migration. In this blog, we will describe the manual as well as the automated free best EDB to PST Converter tool.
Let’s proceed to the reasons to convert Exchange EDB to PST format for a better understanding of the users.
Common Reasons to Convert EDB to PST Format
Some of the common reasons are mentioned below to export EDB to PST file format.
- To reduce the mailbox size.
- Portability needs.
- Backup requirements.
- To save storage space.
- For Legal and compliance requirements.
- For reducing the chances of corruption.
- For keeping the previous record.
These are a few reasons to convert Exchange EDB to PST file format. Now we will move further to different methods that will help users with an efficient migration process.
How to Convert EDB to PST Manually?
The conventional manual strategies might have several limitations due to the risk of human error. So it is suggested to create a copy of the EDB data before starting the manual steps. Then, follow the steps provided below.
Export through the Exchange Merge Utility
- Open the Exchange Merge utility
- Click on the two-step procedure.
- Choose the data to extract from the exchange server.
- Enter the credentials as name, domain name, etc) in the next window.
- Go to the import procedure tab.
- Choose active data to target store option.
- Now select EDB files to export.
- Define the path to save the PST file.
- Click on Next to start exporting.
- Click on the finish button.
- Exports data only up to 2GB size.
- Tedious and more time-consuming process.
- Only supports earlier versions of MS Exchange such as MS Exchange 2003.
- High risk of data loss.
- Good technical knowledge is required.
- Unable to convert corrupt EDB files.
Professional Best EDB to PST Converter to Convert EDB to PST
The best approach to convert Exchange EDB to PST file format is by using the advanced automated solution. The automated process for migration is considered to be more reliable and quick in comparison to the conventional manual methods. We have already seen above that conventional methods have several limitations and risks. So it is highly suggested to use a well-known and trusted EDB file converter. Using the DRS Free EDB to PST Converter Tool, users can swiftly convert EDB to PST, EML, MSG, MBOX, HTML, Office 365, etc. The smart free EDB to PST Converter software is available completely free for a complete initial month.
- Exports EDB files to MBOX, HTML, PST, PDF, EML, MSG, Office 365, etc.
- Exchange EDB recovery tool restores the entire corrupt EDB mailbox data.
- Provides auto-detect feature.
- No technical knowledge required.
- Offers smooth user-friendly GUI.
- No file size restrictions.
- Offers 3 modes for recovery as Standard mode, Advanced mode, and the Deep mode.
- Supports all versions of Microsoft Exchange and Windows OS.
- The DRS best EDB to PST Converter is completely FREE for an initial 1 month.
In this blog above, we have described the perfect methods to convert EDB to PST file format. We can now conclude that the automated methods are more secure and quick as compared to the conventional techniques. The smart software avoids all the risks as we have seen with the manual approach and provides an effortless process of migration.