Despite the massive popularity of breast implants and the fact that reportedly over 98% of patients who undergo breast implant surgery are satisfied with the results, many people are still hesitant,
Recovery, costs, safety risks, and the different types and shapes of implants all need to be considered..not just the size. Breast augmentation surgery is a significant undertaking; plastic surgeons recommend you take comprehensive steps to make sure this is the right choice for you.
From the best female plastic surgeon in UK, specialised in all aspects of breast reconstruction & aesthetics as well, here are the most important 4 reasons why breast augmentation is rightfully the most popular plastic surgery.
They Last a Long Time
Breast implants are not a short-term fix or a temporary stop-gap. Breast implants last a long time, somewhere between 10 and 15 years. Depending on what age they are inserted, In some instances, breast implants can last a lifetime. During your periodic check-ups, your surgeon will keep you posted on whether there is a problem with your implants.
However, these are exceptions. The majority of women enjoy enhanced volume and shaped breasts.
Many Options to Choose From
The most commonly used types of implants in the UK are smooth or textured cohesive gel silicone implants. There are still some variations you may want to consider regarding the most suitable texture and shape of your implants:
- Silicone breast implants: These implants are made of silicone gel. If the implant were to break, the cohesive gel could stay within its shell or the soft breast capsule and not cause any issues.
- Form-stable breast implants: These implants are often called gummy bear breast implants because they are designed to have a breast shape with more fullness in the lower pole and a softer more natural-looking upper pole. The cohesive gel keeps its shape whether standing or lying down and even if the implant shell breaks. They are made of a thicker silicone gel and are firmer than traditional implants.
- Round breast implants: These implants make breasts look dramatically fuller, especially the upper pole – it’s like wearing a bra all the time. Since the implants are round all over, they don’t typically change the look of your breast if they rotate.
- Smooth breast implants: These implants feel the softest of all the different kinds of implants. Smooth breast implants usually make breast movement look more natural than other implants.
- Textured breast implants: These implants create scar tissue to adhere to the implant, which makes them less likely to move around inside of your breast.
- Ergonomix gel. These ultra-modern generations of silicone gel implants contain a soft cohesive gel that feels very soft and natural. The implants are simple round implants but the soft consistency of the gel makes them appear to be shaped without a prominent upper pole. They also move more naturally by standing/lying down.
Recovery time is Relatively Quick and Easy
Everyone heals differently, so recovery time for breast augmentation surgery can vary depending on the type of breast augmentation procedure you had and your overall health.
Most breast augmentation procedures are day case procedures, not require drains. Minimal dressings (just a compression bra) and the short 3.5-4.5cm incision closed with multiple layers of dissolving sutures. You can be back to normal light duties the following day. There will be some slight discomfort and tightness in the affected area for the first one to two days following surgery, but after a few days, patients should begin to feel normal and healthy.
You can expect to go back to work and resume your everyday life after about one week, and you can resume exercising and strenuous physical activity around four to six weeks after the procedure. Full recovery/gym activity takes closer to eight weeks but is comfortable, with care being taken not to compromise the neat scarring. While there is some needed time for recovery following breast implant surgery, it is relatively quick and easy.
Boost Your Self-Confidence
If age, weight fluctuations, or pregnancies have left you with breasts that are deflated, droopy, asymmetric or generally not as full as you’d like, breast augmentation with implants could be just what you’re looking for. Breast implants are a particularly good option for patients who want to increase their bosom size instantly and significantly.
If you’re looking not only for an increase in volume but the option to lift your bosom and restore its perkiness, then a combined lift and augmentation (augmentation mastopexy) will be the better treatment option for you. The only way to know what would be best for you, in your situation is to book a consultation with your surgeon and discuss every aspect of the procedure and questions that you have.