Whether you are thinking of sprucing up your business space or residential property, awnings are a cost-effective solution. They are an excellent way of adding a touch of shelter and style. Not only do they beautify a property when integrated into the building’s design, but they also give the much-required protection from outside elements. So, you can utilize the outdoor space in the best possible manner.
But before you approach an awning supplier, have you decided what type of awning you’ll install? You will be amazed to learn that they are available in a wide range of styles. And each type has its uniqueness and specific benefits. Moreover, it is better to know your options to make an informed decision.
- Patio awnings- It is one of the most common designs. When most people picture an awning for a home, they assume it to be a wall-mounted patio. As the name suggests, it will remain fixed to an outside wall and extend over the smoking or seating area.
- Conservatory awnings- Conservatory awnings are known for their extraordinary framework. They are generally mounted on a roof structure. They are capable of enduring the onslaughts of harsh weather. They are appropriate for conservatories as they can block sunrays from touching the glass and keep the temperature controlled.
- Freestanding awnings- In several cases, it isn’t possible to drill into the wall. For instance, if you require an awning for a shop and you’ve rented a place, the owner might not let you make holes in the wall. So, you can opt for a freestanding awning. It is a popular choice in open spaces. It is also sturdy and can cover big spaces such as lawns, poolside areas, and outdoor restaurants.
- Domestic awnings- A domestic awning must be robust enough to withstand challenging conditions. Products used in residential properties can also be used in the retail and hospitality sector. The advantage is that they improve aesthetics and make your space more usable.
- Pergola awnings- Just like patio awnings, pergola awnings are also wall mounted. However, their frame design is fixed, and it remains in its place even when the awning gets retracted. This type guarantees extra stability, thanks to the support posts in the front.
- Full cassette awnings- If you want the highest level of protection, the full cassette is ideal for your house. It will keep your place safe from frost, snow, dirt, rain, wind, and vandalism. When you retract the awning, its fabric, arms, and roller will all be stored away inside a casing. However, if your garden already has fences, then a full cassette design is not necessary.
- Open awnings- Open awnings are structures that don’t come with a cassette enclosure. It is recommended for gardens. If the lawn gets adequate protection, you can invest in an open awning to give it a lightweight appearance.
- Semi-cassette awnings- A semi-cassette awning is a middle ground between full cassette awnings and open awnings. This awning will be partially enclosed, thus giving some protection from various elements. It stays enclosed from above and on the sides. But the underside of your awning will be open when you retract it. However, you can be certain that the installation will give good protection when there is mild rain, snow, or wind.
- Electric awnings- If you wish to live in a smart home, a motorized awning is the best option for you. It will offer you the ultimate convenience. It makes the installation and operation effortless. A tubular motor remains concealed within the barrel. Once you connect it to the electric supply, you will be able to operate it via a remote or a switch. There can be additional inclusions like sun and wind sensors. The awnings automatically retract depending on the weather conditions.
You will easily find the abovementioned designs if you contact a reputed manufacturer for awnings in delhi. So, take your time and choose a style that goes with the outdoor look of your home/ office. Once you have decided, you also need to look for an ethical manufacturer in your city. That’s because well-known manufacturers use good quality awning parts to ensure the longevity of the structure.