Patients tired of visiting crowded clinics and hospitals will feel delighted and refreshed by using an Uber for doctors app. The customized and ready-made solution can be utilized 24×7 to book appointments with a variety of healthcare specialists. It comes with advantages like user-friendliness, secure backup in the leading cloud platforms, and quick deployment.
From a value of $96.5 billion in 2020, the demand for digital healthcare apps will skyrocket to a humongous $295.4 billion by 2028. It will grow by an impressive rate of 15.1% every year. The Asia-Pacific region will witness tremendous demand for online healthcare apps due to the greater usage of smartphones and better Internet connectivity.
2021 is a promising time for entrepreneurs to establish an Uber for Doctors appointment booking app as the market value is set to surpass a whopping $110.2 billion.
Table of Contents
What are the various functions of an Uber for doctors app?
- Book online consultations (audio and video) with healthcare professionals anytime and anywhere.
- Doctors can utilize it to monitor the health progress and treatment plan of the patients on a real-time basis.
- Patients can order different medicines through the Uber for Doctors app which will be delivered directly to their home quickly.
- Sharing of digital prescriptions as a viable alternative to cumbersome paperwork.
- A lab test booking option to diagnose different diseases and infections.
The notable features of an Uber for Doctors appointment booking app are
- A social media login option – The patients can sign up on the Uber for Doctors app by syncing their Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts.
- An availability toggle for the doctors – The healthcare providers can either be online or offline according to their convenience. They can update the status in their personalized availability toggle.
- An integrated loyalty program – Regular users of the Uber for Doctors appointment booking app will get benefits like cash back, gifts, discounts, and offers.
- Acceptance of multiple payment methods – The patients can pay for availing of the services of doctors through credit cards, debit cards, e-wallets, net banking, and wire transfers.
- Sharing of instant notifications – The users of the Uber for Doctors app are shared alerts and reminders for their appointments through email, push notifications, and SMS.
- A rating and review system – The overall quality of healthcare is enhanced when the customers rate the services and professionalism of doctors on a scale of 1-5.
- Provision of round-the-clock technical support – A dedicated help centre functions 24×7 to handle all complaints and grievances from doctors. The customer support team available via chat, email, and phone is proficient in numerous languages.
How can entrepreneurs mint huge money from the game-changing Uber for doctors app?
- Commission from doctors for listing their services and for each appointment booked through the online healthcare app.
- Targeted banner advertisements, promotional videos, and sponsored posts related to healthcare are published. The revenue depends on the number of clicks, impressions, and views.
- Cancellation charges if the medical consultation sessions are cancelled by the patients at the last minute.
- Transaction processing fees for funds transferred to doctors through the in-built payment gateway.
- Premium listing for showcasing the services of popular and highly sought after doctors.
The crucial role of the admin in the Uber for Doctors appointment booking app is
- Ensure instant approval of appointments of patients by sharing the required information with the respective doctors.
- Distribute payments like bonuses, commission, and tips to the doctors regularly. The admin credits the needed amount to their bank accounts and digital wallets.
- Handle feedback and issues faced by patients while using the Uber for doctors app and when communicating with the healthcare professionals.
- Maintaining a positive buzz for the Uber for Doctors appointment booking app in the market. The admin monitors the effectiveness of the promotional campaigns implemented across numerous communication channels.
- Growing and developing the scope of the Uber for doctors app by launching it in new cities and countries over a period.
- Complying with the guidelines and rules of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The futuristic technologies to integrate into an Uber for doctors app are
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) – Entrepreneurs can collect vast amounts of patient data to calculate their average time taken for recovery, chances of survival, and predict their future visits. AI can manage both medical records and treatment plans effectively. The market value of AI in health is expected to cross $7988.8 million by 2022.
- Virtual Reality (VR) – VR can be utilized to provide a 360-degree view of operations and surgeries to the patients and their family members. It reduces the anxiety and stress level of users. Surgeons can increase their accuracy by utilizing VR-powered headsets and wearables.
- Cloud Computing – Healthcare providers have to handle enormous volumes of data. Cloud computing involves the creation of secure databases, platforms, and servers for storing all medical information of doctors, medicine suppliers, and patients. The revenue from using cloud computing in healthcare organizations will yield $35 billion by 2022. The benefits are affordable storage facilities, real-time sharing of information, future research opportunities, and remote monitoring of patients.
- Electronic Health Records (EHR) – The costs of maintaining paper-based records for healthcare organizations are high. It is best to utilize EHR for storing all data related to diagnosis, medicines, surgical procedures, test results, and treatments. It can be shared easily between the doctors through email and instant messaging platforms.
- Blockchain technology – All information and data related to the patients and doctors can be stored in an immutable manner on various blockchain networks taken care of by robust smart contracts. The distributed ledger prevents manipulation and misuse of healthcare data. It also has other use-cases in the form of provision of health insurance claims, real-time tracking of different diseases, and safeguarding medicine supplies.
- Voice search – Smart speakers and virtual assistants can be utilized by patients to book appointments with their desired doctors and get health tips. The Uber for Doctors appointment booking app can be integrated with Alexa, Google Home, and Siri for interruption-free healthcare services.
The world has witnessed the online healthcare industry progressing by leaps and bounds in recent times. Entrepreneurs can dominate this booming sector by curating an Uber for doctors app in partnership with a competent app development company.